How to Wear a Man's Button-Down Shirt for Boudoir
Well, you don't. We've all seen the movies where the adorable girl wakes up, pulls on her man's button-down shirt and looks even more adorable as she sips her coffee on the sofa while flirting adorably with him. So you're thinking why not wear my man's button-down shirt for boudoir.
Chances are, you aren't the same exact size as your husband and I'm 99% sure you've got more curves. Maybe you're curvy and he's that guy who can eat an entire pizza in one sitting and never gain an ounce. Maybe he's taller and broader than you. Either way, his shirt is unlikely to be flattering.
Keep reading for how to get the look
How to wear his shirt without looking like him:
- Buy a man's shirt in your size. It will look like you raided his closet, but it won't dwarf you. If you're petite, look at the juniors section. Miss K is wearing a junior's large white shirt that I picked up on sale at Macy's.
- Bring your own button down shirt. It will nip in at the waist to highlight your hourglass figure, but still give the same look.
- Pose so that you're barely wearing the shirt. Do NOT button it up all the way.
- Add a wrap belt to show off your waist
- Make sure that it as been ironed or steamed but not starched
- Pick a color that suits your skin tone. Pale and more sheer materials look great for back-lighting and dark colors have an edge.
- Pair it with super-feminine skivvies for contrast.
Common Mistakes to Avoid:
- Don't bring a shirt he is extremely attached to. You don't want stray makeup on his favorite Hugo Boss shirt.
- If you want to keep this a secret, bring your own shirt. The man who never pays attention will probably suddenly be offering to take clothes to the cleaner's.
- Creases from the wrapping. Get it steamed or toss it in the dryer with a damp rag before you come to your shoot.
We'd love to show you just how to rock this look during your own sexy photoshoot. CLICK HERE to e-mail us to set up a complimentary consultation.